I have read a good number of posts on Thanksgiving this past week; all reminding us that we need to be thankful everyday of the year, not just on Thanksgiving.
Some also reminded us of WHO we should be thankful to.
So I decided my post today would be a list of what I am thankful for.
1. First and foremost, I praise and thank God for the work He has done in my life; for His love in sending His Son Jesus Christ to take the punishment for my sins on Himself.
2. For my family. For placing me in the family I am in, for giving me the parents and grandparents He gave me. For the faith and love for Him that I was taught at an early age. For giving me the brothers and sister He gave me; and for the sisters that I have been given through their marriage to my brothers.
3. For my son John, who has filled my life with such love and joy. He is the best son a mom could ask for.
4. For the family that I have now. For my husband and my step-kids, and for my grandchildren.
5. For my friends and family that have connected with me on facebook and twitter. You were each brought into my life for a reason, and you have each touched my life in some way, even though you may not realize it. I thank God for each of you.
6. For all of you, my fellow bloggers that I have met these past few months. For my new brothers and sisters in Christ. You have been such an encouragement to me and have blessed my life more than I could ever have imagined.
7. For all the trials and tribulations I have been through during my life. Without them, my faith would not have grown to where it is today.
I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving, and encourage each of you to really think about what you have to be thankful for, and to honestly acknowledge the One that has supplied all of your needs for all of your life.
Praying you all have a blessed Thanksgiving.
© Drusilla Mott and https://drusillamott.wordpress.com, 2011