I was notified recently that I had been nominated for the Most Versatile Blogger
Award. This notice came in the form of
a comment from mtsweat, whose blog is titled Resting in His Grace.
I gratefully said thank you, glad that I could be a blessing in some small
way to those that I have met through this world of blogging.
I then came across a notice on someone else’s blog that they, too, had been
nominated, with a link that explained what was required of one that had been
given this award.
It is a good thing that I found this other link, because I had never heard
of this before and would have just let the comment go as is. This is what I discovered:
As a recipient of this award, I am supposed to:
1. Thank the person who nominated me by
linking back to them in my post (see Resting in His Grace above).
2. Give this award to 15 recently discovered
blogs and let them know that I’ve included them in my blogroll and have
nominated them for the award.
3. List 7 things about myself.
The 15 recently discovered blogs were a bit of a workout for me, because I
was not following that many at the beginning of the day. I began a systematic search of those blogs
that I was following and found others from their blogrolls that I will willingly
and thankfully follow.
So, here are the 15 blogs that I have discovered that I am now following:
And here is a little insight into me:
1. My first time at a NASCAR race in 1999 started out as an hours-long pouting session because I did not want to go, but became hooked shortly after arriving at Watkins Glen. I am now a huge Jeff Gordon fan.
2. I love hamburgers, pizza and cheesecake; but try to keep
those things to a minimum.
3. I love to scrapbook but can’t always find the time for
4. I like a variety of music: The Lighthouse by John
Starnes, Stronger by Mandisa, My Hope Is You by Third Day, While I’m Waiting
from the movie Fireproof. My favorite
old hymn is “He Died For Me.”
5. I love TV drama shows, especially NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles,
and Criminal Minds.
6. I like to read, mostly Inspirational Romances. Other favorites are: The Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, the Left Behind Series, and the Wrinkle in Time
7. My favorite movies are those made from my favorite books,
along with Fireproof, Facing the Giants, Flywheel and Gettysburg.
Again, many thanks for your consideration in nominating me.
At first, I could not help but wonder what the purpose of it was, but think I have figured it out. Because of the Most Versatile Blogger Award, I have discovered some very inspiring sites that I am looking forward to following.
I consider myself most blessed to have found this ‘family’ of bloggers that are brothers and sisters in Christ.
© Drusilla Mott and https://drusillamott.wordpress.com, 2011